This Policy applies only to people who wish to enter our Site. If you do not need or do not want to use our Services, please close this web tab and exit the Site. You hereby consent that KelownaProAppliance.ca may collect, use and disclose such personal information (as defined below) in accordance with the following terms and conditions, and as permitted or required by law.
Take the time to review the Policy.
- Public Content: In general we collect, use and disclose personal information for use on the Site. From time to time, we may ask you to provide us with more detailed information and we will inform you as to why we are collecting it. Your account profile and anything you post on the Site are meant for public access. Such content may be displayed on the Site or be distributed to a public audience through third party websites or other web services.
- Location & Activity: The personal information KelownaProAppliance.ca may collect about you may include, but is not limited to: your contact information, including an online name & neighbourhood of residence, zip or postal code, the date and time of your visit, your IP address, content viewed, the name of companies recorded in your account, e-mail address and demographic information.
- Advertising: If you purchase business advertising through our website, your billing information may be stored. This sensitive information is encrypted according to industry standards and is only shared with third parties who will assist KelownaProAppliance.ca in completing the purchase transaction.
- Messaging: We may also retain any communications you send us and other users, including e-mail messages, forum posts, reviews and responses we send you.
3. CHILDREN AND MINORS
Children and minors, that is, persons under the age of 18, are not eligible to use the Site unsupervised, and therefore we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Site in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or legal guardians.
4. TREATMENT AND PURPOSE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the purposes of operating and providing the products and services of KelownaProAppliance.ca on or in connection with the Site. More specifically, we generally collect, use and disclose your personal information, but communications on consent for the following purposes:
- To verify the validity of your e-mail address and identity;
- To communicate with you regarding information you submit to the Site;
- To research, develop, manage, protect and improve those communications;
- To respond to questions and suggestions you submit to the Site;
- To verify any reviews submitted to the Site;
- To advise you about new products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To allow other Users to communicate with you regarding quotes;
In addition, from time to time, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To detect and protect KelownaProAppliance.ca and third parties against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with KelownaProAppliance.ca’ policies and contractual obligations;
- To understand your needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with you and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations; and
- For any other purpose we may indicate to you from time to time.
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except with your consent and as set out below, we will not sell, license, trade or rent your personal information to or with others.
- Investigations: KelownaProAppliance.ca reserves the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
- Business Transfers: KelownaProAppliance.ca also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase of all or any portion of KelownaProAppliance.ca or of any of the business or assets or shares of KelownaProAppliance.ca or a division thereof in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services from the third party.
- Aggregate: Aggregate information is collected by KelownaProAppliance.ca. This information may be shared with third parties, such as advertisers. Often this information is collected and used for statistical purposes to determine the current areas of interests of users.
- Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn: The Site allows you to connect your account to and post links on social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. KelownaProAppliance.ca will use the information from the Site so that you can share public content with your friends and/or followers, should you opt-in only.
- Injured, Ill, Deceased: KelownaProAppliance.ca shall, where required by law, disclose personal information requested for the purpose of communicating with the next of kin or authorized representative of an injured, ill, or deceased individual.
- Defense: We will also release any and all collected information and/or personal data under the following circumstances: if required by applicable law, to defend ourselves and our affiliates from legal claims by third parties and to respond to such claims and legal processes (including takedown notices and subpoenas), to protect the property, rights and integrity of KelownaProAppliance.ca or any third party, and to prevent or terminate any activity we may consider to be — or which me may consider posing a risk — of any illegal, unethical or objectionable activity.
Use of the KelownaProAppliance.ca website is voluntary. We will seek express consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information at the time of collection or to communicate with you. In certain rare circumstances, consent may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when we want to use information for a purpose not previously identified).
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with certain services or information that may be of value to you.
We will not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
7. USE OR DISCLOSURE FOR MARKETING, ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP PURPOSES
We may also use your personal information to promote and market additional goods, services and special offers from us, our affiliates and sponsors, including by means of direct marketing. We may only disclose aggregated statistics with anonymized data, based upon use of the Site by our users. To ensure advertisers understand who our subscribers are and what they are interested in, we will compile your information and create general profiles of our subscribers’ demographic information and interests. However, we will never share any of your personally identifiable information with our advertisers.
From time to time, we will ask you for express permission and consent to receive Commercial Electronic Messages (‘CEM’), which we will sometimes send from or to Canadian computers to our users. A CEM is a message in an electronic format (e.g. emails, SMS, social media messages, push notifications and other form of communications) which is then sent to an electronic address (e.g. email, instant message accounts, smartphone, social media profile) that contains a message asking recipients to participate in commercial activities (e.g. purchase of products and services). For purposes of this Policy, and in compliance with the Canada Anti-Spam Law (‘CASL’), express consent shall require our clear and concise description of the purpose of such consent, along with a description of the CEMs you may receive from us.
Express consent for CEMs does not apply for those CEMs that we may send and that are: (i) opened or accessed outside of Canada; (ii) for security, refunds or guarantees of products and services on our Site; (iii) for providing information about purchases and transactions about your account; (iv) account related notifications.
KelownaProAppliance.ca may use proprietary software tools and other third party tools such as Google Analytics and AdSense (which include remarketing code functionalities) to gather information about websites you browse view or when you undertake specific actions in a website.
Finally, if you use the Site through a mobile device, you may also use your device’s settings for control items such as your location sharing, tailored advertising and other privacy settings.
When you visit our Site, we may place a “cookie” in the browser directory of your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a small text file of information that a website can store on your web browser and later retrieve. Some cookies are temporary and others can be valid for several weeks or months, stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We also use web beacons, tags and other means on our Site. Such beacons are an electronic file, sometimes only a pixel or small image, embedded on websites. We use such kind of cookies for various legitimate business purposes. In addition to the identified uses described in this Policy, we may use information provided by cookies and disclose it to third parties to measure the use of our Site, to improve the functionality and content of the Site and to facilitate usage of the Site. You can reset your browser to notify you when you have received a cookie or refuse to accept a cookie. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, usually through the settings tab.
9. WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
KelownaProAppliance.ca makes all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss and unauthorized access. Your KelownaProAppliance.ca account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard-copy form. Access to your personal information is restricted to select employees or representatives. In addition, KelownaProAppliance.ca employs appropriate information security techniques to protect personal information against loss and unauthorized access. KelownaProAppliance.ca educates its employees on the importance of privacy. It is KelownaProAppliance.ca’ policy to give access to personal information to persons who require it to carry out the responsibilities of their jobs.
KelownaProAppliance.ca educates all its employees on the importance of privacy. It is KelownaProAppliance.ca’ policy to give access to personal information only to those employees who require it to carry out the responsibilities of their jobs or to other such third parties with similar designated responsibilities and who are subject to contractual confidentiality restrictions with KelownaProAppliance.ca.
We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information; we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of a breach of personal information under our control, KelownaProAppliance.ca shall retain records of any and every such breach for twenty-four months following the day on which we determine that a breach has occurred. In the event that it is reasonable to believe that a breach of personal information creates a real risk of significant harm to an individual, notice shall be given to the effected individual, unless prohibited by law, and a report shall be submitted to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada as soon as feasible. In the event a breach occurs and we believe another organization, government institution, or part of a government institution may be able to reduce the risk of harm that could result or mitigate that harm, KelownaProAppliance.ca shall notify that organization, government institution, or a part of the government institution of the breach. KelownaProAppliance.ca breach notification and record-keeping framework shall comply with the 2015 amendments to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), and the Breach of Security Safeguards Regulations.
10. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
11. CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At KelownaProAppliance.ca, we want you to be able to maintain control over how we use your personal information. We continuously try to improve our user experience, and to give you the best choices for providing, editing, removing or instructing us not to use certain personally identifiable information collected by us from you.
13. REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION
Upon your request to us, and after proper review, we may edit, deactivate and/or delete your personal data and other information from our active databases. Please be advised that we may not be able to delete all of your personal data from some of our secure databases and, in such case, we will make the data permanently inaccessible to any third parties. You may also be able to edit the personal information we store about you, by going to your account settings in the Site.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
#83-1644 Hillside Ave, Victoria BC
Date of last update to this policy: 1st September 2020